For over 20 years, we’ve been working to build a solid platform for foreign trade in Costa Rica which has functioned as a competitiveness resource for the country. This platform includes, along with the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Central American Integration Agreements, thirteen Free Trade Agreements (FTAs). These agreements cover close to 80% of the country’s international trade.
The countries with which Costa Rica has trade agreements, and therefore, preferential export tariffs, cover 66.6% of the world’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and 35.5% of the world population.
- Central America
- TLC Canada
- TLC CARICOM
- TLC Chile
- TLC China
- Dominican Republic-Central America-United States (CAFTA-DR) TLC
- TLC entre Centroamérica y la República de Corea
- Mexico TLC
- Panama TLC
- Dominican Republic TLC
- Peru TLC
- Singapur TLC
- Association Agreement between Central America and the European Union (AACUE)
- European Free Trade Association TLC
Treaties in process
- Alianza del Pacífico
- Acuerdo sobre Comercio de Bienes Ambientales (EGA)
- Acuerdo sobre Comercio de Servicios (TiSA)
Bilateral investment agreements
- Czech Republic
If your region is not represented in this section , please contact us here.